BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I just may be completely insane

On Sunday I cut this VERY cute Navy guy's hair. We hit it off really well and afterwards he asked for my phone number. I happily obliged.

We texted for like 4 hours that night and a lot yesterday. He even came to see me at work last night. I had a "good morning sunshine" text from him when I woke up this morning. We have a date after I get off work Friday night.

His name is Matt. He's really sweet and funny and we get along great. And as I already mentioned, he's very cute.

But here's the kicker...he's 19.

NINE-FUCKING-TEEN.

But you know what? I don't really care all that much. He knows how old I am and he doesn't care either.

But I am aware that this could possibly cause issues in the future. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

So...am I totally nuts?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, go with it. Age is just a number. There's nothing wrong with getting to know someone.

f said...

My theory is that you're who and what you are, not how long you've been being those things. Then again, the guys I go out with are always 8-12 younger, so I'm waaaay biased.... Sounds like you're having fun, so go for it!

Mike said...

Just go with the flow and see what happens!

~Sheila~ said...

Younger guys are better. So easily trainable. You can get them to do almost anything.

Enjoy.

Capricorn said...

wow.
i dont think age should be an issue, i date 22 yr olds all the time.
oh wait. you said 19. and your...??? 38? so technically..your old enough to be his mother. Technically.
I draw the line at being old enough to be their uncle.

Hey! will you be offended if he asks you to buy him beer? lol.

Cherlyn said...

Jared: I actually made a crack the other day about him only wanting me because I could buy him beer. He thought it was funny. lol
And yes, I know I'm tchnically old enough to be his mother. He was born the year I graduated high school. But I try to not think about that. lol

Mike said...

LMAO at WTF is wrong with me! HAHA!

ShelbyAnne said...

I don't think it's necessarily the number that's the issue as the "life stage" or whatever you wanna call it. I imagine a 19-year-old Navy boy has a MUCH different perspective than a 19-year-old college freshman.

If it makes you happy, go with it, girl. Gotta love a man in uniform.