BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 24, 2009

Oh no...

I just found out the the band No Doubt recently recorded a cover of "Stand and Deliver" by Adam & The Ants.

You can't find a good version on Youtube because of copywrites and such. But it can be found on Myspace Music.

Now, I like No Doubt and everything. Gwen Stefani has a very cool original voice.

BUT!

This cover is just not good.

And my dislike isn't about me thinking Adam Ant's songs can't be touched or anything. There's a lot of songs that I thought should never be covered that have been covered at some point, where I ended up really liking the covers. "Turn The Page" and "Another Brick In The Wall" come to mind.

But this...just...no.

I can't even pinpoint what it is I don't like about it. I just don't.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Want a great cover! Try Type O Negative cover of Neil Youngs Cinnamon Girl, I think I'll go look for it for my playlist!

Cherlyn said...

I have it. It is pretty spiffy. =]