BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 12, 2009

Working with the public

I love doing hair. Absolutely love it.

But sometimes I really hate dealing with people.

This lady came into the shop yesterday wanting to get her hair colored. I sit her in my chair then go get the standard client consultation card and release form that anyone getting a chemical service in our shop is required to fill out.

Customer: *filling out the consultation card* "Why do you need to know how often I wash my hair? That's a little too personal."

Me: "That just helps us to analyze the condition of your hair. If you shampoo too often it can dry it out, so I'd have to take extra care with the color."

Customer: *ignores me and moves on to the release form* "Why do I have to fill this out?"

Me: "That's just a standard release form, ma'am. Anyone who gets a chemical service has to sign one."

Customer: "rude tone* "Nowhere I've ever gone has made me do this."

Me: "It's our company's policy ma'am. I can't do your color if you don't sign it."

Then she proceeds to throw the paper at me and practically yells at me that she doesn't have to sign anything and we shouldn't make people fill out a release form to cover our own asses and blah blah blah. I defend that I don't make the rules and I'm just required to follow them. Then she storms out while still bitching, saying she's going to call the home office.

Go ahead. Call home office. They'll tell you the same thing I did.

Bitch.

3 comments:

~Sheila~ said...

Some people are like that. They are just hoping something goes wrong so they can sue. She can go back to her other salons...lol.

Julie H said...

Sounds like something my MIL would do. She gets all pissy about the stupidest things.

sohbet said...

sohbet