BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

New developments

So I talked to Matt some more last night and he finally told me what I honestly believe is the truth.

He's not over his ex-girlfriend of 4 years who broke up with him when he was in boot camp last year. She has what he thought was his child, but he found out she'd cheated on him 3 years ago and that his little girl isn't his at all.

I knew all this from the beginning, btw.

He loves that little girl more than life, regardless of biology. And because of that love, he's stayed in touch with his ex in order to stay in the child's life. So because of the continuing contact with her, he hasn't been able to get over her.

He cares about me, but he doesn't feel ready to move on.

And you know, I believe him. And I respect how much he loves that little girl.

I know how difficult it is to stop loving someone when you're still in contact even after it's over. I've been there.

2 comments:

Capricorn said...

(eyebrow raise)...so hes been with this ex since he was 15..and she has a kid...and now he wants back with her to be with a kid that isnt his, and never will be his because if they cant get along now...nevermind.

Wow.

I guess i still cant get over the fact hes 19.

Love, the King of Cradle Robbing. :)

Cherlyn said...

I wouldn't neccassarily say he wants back with her. He's just not over her yet. I can relate to that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can too.

And yeah, they were together pretty much all through high school. It's hard getting over that first love, you know?

And you're right, you can't really say shit to me about the cradle robbing. =p