BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 9, 2009

Random acts of kindness

So I was cutting this Navy guy's hair today.

Not at all unusual considering I work 5 minutes from the largest Navy base on the East Coast. But I digress.

As I'm cutting his hair, this older lady comes in to buy some hairspray. We didn't have any on the shelf but I knew we had some in the back.

As I'm rummaging around in the back room looking for the hairspray, I hear them talking. I'm not really listening so I'm not sure what all they said to each other.

I go back out with the hairspray, and as I'm ringing up her purchase, she kind of leans in and quietly asks me how much the guy's haircut was. I told her the price, and she said "ring it up, I'll pay for it."

So she paid for a total stranger's haircut.

He was astounded and thought it was the sweetest thing ever.

So did I.

It did my heart good. =]

3 comments:

~Sheila~ said...

That's sweet.

~Sheila~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

that's awesome!