BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 23, 2009

What to do...

My long-time readers most likely remember Josh.

For those who don't, I dated Josh last summer for about a month and a half, knowing from the get-go that he was moving to Wisconsin. The last week before he left was kind of weird and awkward due to the fact the he (wrongly) thought I'd developed feelings for him. But by the time he left, we were on good terms, and we've stayed in touch.

So he texted me the other day and tells me he's moving back within the next couple of months. He's moving in with his aunt and transferring back to his old job.

He is kind of making me think he's wanting to pick up where we left off. Saying things like "we" should get season passes to Busch Gardens this summer, and texting me 3-4 times a day, as opposed to the once a week or so he's been texting me since he left.

So here's the thing. I'm more than willing to be friends and hang out with him. I'm just not sure I want anything beyond that.

I had some issues with him when we were dating that I never brought up because I knew we were just a temporary thing.

I also have some issues of my own that have nothing at all to do with him.

So...I'm bouncing back and forth between just letting whatever's gonna happen happen and bring the issues up as the opportunity arises. Or letting him know up front that I'm not sure I want to go there again and tell him why.

Help?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well the best policy is always to be upfront...

Capricorn said...

If you get back with Josh..there goes our apple juice plan.

No seriously, do whats best for you, isnt it about time your happy?

Mike said...

If you are unsure about someone, that is not usually a good sign when it comes to relationships. It is like going to the restaraunt that isn,t as good because the one you really wanted to go to is too crowded. My mother and father have both been married four times each. They got married because they didn't like living alone, not because they were in love with their partners. If you want to hang out with him and see where it goes, there is nothing wrong with that, but beware of the old "Lets move in together" situation that always seems to arise. Until you are sure of something it is better to keep some space for yourself!

Cherlyn said...

Alaina - can't argue with that.

Jared - did you consider the possibility that our apple juice plan may have been one of my "issues?" lol

otin - I've been married twice myself, and it would take a lot for me to go down that road again. I'm not so much opposed to being alone. Josh and I had a good time. He's just pretty young and somewhat immature. So...I dunno.

ShelbyAnne said...

I agree with Alaina. And I'd say keep yourself at a distance until everybody knows where they stand. Ya know?