BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Go me!

When I quit smoking (October 19th, 2005) I weighed 203 lbs.

I've always been a bit on the heavy side. I try to take care of myself, but I'm genetically cursed. My dad was/is a big dude.

But I digress.

Within a year after quitting smoking, I got up to 240 lbs and wearing a size 22. That's the biggest I've ever been in my life.

I started watching the portions of what I was eating (deprivation does not work for me. I end up binging.), and walking up to 2 miles a day.

As of right now, I'm down to 190 lbs and a
size 16.

I still want to lose another 30-40 lbs. But this is the smallest I've been in about 15 years.

So I'm pretty damn proud of myself.

w00t!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go you!!! You are a superstar!!!!!! I'm so proud of you. Rock on.

~Sheila~ said...

Definately GO YOU!

You quit smoking on my birthday..cool.
I know exactly what it's like to quit smoking and gain weight as a result.

I think it's fucking awesome and you should be proud.

Cherlyn said...

Thank you lovelies!

Mike said...

I have been heavyset most of my life. I graduated high school at 6 ft. 268lbs. I got into great shape for about 3 years, but it was just such a fight to maintain, and I love to eat. Now I'm 43, I weigh 275, although I wear it pretty well, most people guess my weight at about 230. It runs in my family also. Most of the men in my family are built like Tony Soprano. You know what, Fuck it! As long as I am reasonably healthy, I don't give a shit what others think anymore.

f said...

That is AWESOME! And it's great that you found something that works and are totally sticking with it (I should be so lucky, lol). Rock on!

Mike said...

Quitting smoking is awesome, I smoked a little bit here and there, but never reaslly was addicted. (Psycho Killer-Great song!)

ShelbyAnne said...

Oh heck yes!! You go girl!! Do it to it!

I'm proud of you!! Keep it goin!

Capricorn said...

I picked the cigs back up. Stress maybe. OR!!! Maybe I just like the dopamine.