BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Yes, I am stupid

So I was going through some old emails on my hotmail account, and for some reason I read a bunch of old emails from my ex-boyfriend Terry. So now I'm all emotional.

Let me give you some background info.

My relationship with Terry was a long-distance one. He lives in Colorado in a suburb of Denver. We talked on IM and on the phone all the time.

Terry and I both have relationship issues. We're both kind of insecure and he had a jealous streak that didn't mesh well with the fact that I have a lot of male friends, some of which I have flirtatious friendships with. And I have abandonment issues that didn't mesh well with him not contacting me for a week or two when he got upset about my guy friends. But then I'd hear from him and he wouldn't talk about what had upset him in the first place. And we were both really stubborn, which didn't help the other issues.

When we broke up, we fought a LOT. Everything that had bothered each of us about the other came out. Sometimes in not the nicest way.

Eventually things calmed down, and one of us would email the other just to touch base and say hi.

It's been about a year since I heard from him. I emailed him on his birthday last April, to which he responded in kind.

But after reading all those emails, I feel a really strong urge to get in touch. But a part of me thinks it would be a bad idea.

What to do..?

5 comments:

Mike said...

People don't really change. You can expect the same as last time if you want a relationship, but if you just want to make contact, that's not always a bad thing.

Cherlyn said...

Yeah it's not like I have any thoughts about getting back together or anything. I just want to say hi and see how he's doing. It's just hard to keep the old feelings from stirring up sometimes. That's what scares me.

~Sheila~ said...

Still not a good idea. Then you will start craving his attention if he starts responding and then you will be stressing over him (if you aren't already).

Naw..let it pass.

Do something (someone) else.

Capricorn said...

Wow. Im going to say give him another chance, maybe you both have learned something from having time away...

then there was that conversation we had this morning, and im saying, no..dont talk to him anymore.

But what do i know.

Cherlyn said...

Sheila: yeah I've decided not to contact him. It's best this way.

Jared: you know I still want details.