BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Damnit

Since Jared is being an ass, I decided to cave and write something about my childhood.

The problem is, I dont remember a lot about my childhood.

I remember my parents splitting up when I was 7.

I remember my older half-brother running away from home shortly after that. He was gone for 3 weeks.

I remember first being exposed to rock music my aforementioned half-brother.

I remember being in 3rd or 4th grade and having to learn this song in music class...I don't remember what it was called. But it was about the 50 States and part of the song was singing the names of all 50 States in alphabetical order. I still know them.

I remember watching School House Rock and learning more about grammar and history than I did in school.

Conjunction junction...what's your function....

6 comments:

Capricorn said...

conjunction junction...whats your function.

school house rock was da bomb.

f said...

Um, the song is called "50 Nifty United States," and apparently every kid everywhere had to learn it. And it's now going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day. Good gods.....

Cherlyn said...

f: Yes that's it! I don't remember a single bit of the rest of it though.

Anonymous said...

lol! awesome. don't feel bad... I don't remember much of my childhood either... and what I do.. I get confused about if it was Amanda or I who did it. snort

f said...

Just clap twice after saying "New Mexico" and it will come back.... and back, and back...! LOL (told you it was stuck in my head now). School House Rock made me think of your post about cover tunes -- a bunch of years back there was a cover album of SHR songs. Buffalo Tom doing the Adverb song is on my mp3 player!

~Sheila~ said...

I also remember the 50 nifty states song. I can sing along.

I remember school house rock and I also watched a show called Pinwheel.