BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

A musical trend I've noticed...

...and surprisingly, enjoy.

Over the last 10-15 years, I've noticed numerous rock bands covering 80s songs. Mostly cheesy 80s pop songs. But not always.

The first one I really took notice of was Marilyn Manson's cover of Eurythmics' "Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)".

Since then, Mr. Warner (that's Manson's real last name, folks) has also covered "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell, and "Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode... "Tainted Love" being my favorite.

Korn has covered "Word Up" by Cameo, and "Love My Way" by Psychedelic Furs.

Disturbed has covered "Shout" by Tears For Fears, and "Land Of Confusion" by Genesis.

Then we have Alien Ant Farm with their cover of Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal".

Mudvayne and 30 Seconds To Mars have both covered The Police, with "King Of Pain" and "Message In A Bottle", respectively.

And don't get me going on the 2 albums' worth of old-school punk covers that Metallica has done. If you want to hear one, "So What" is on my playlist.

2 comments:

Capricorn said...

Let me shoot you with a roman candle so you can have something to write about.

Im just sayin...

Cherlyn said...

STFU Jared.

I'm jut sayin...


=P