BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Chad in an Elmo suit

The concert last night was flippin' awesome. I'm tired, sore, hoarse, dehydrated, and my ears are still ringing. Jared says it sounds like I have some sort of disease. Called metal-itis.

Dork.

Anyway...

First off, on the way to the show, Chele gave me some great news.

She's pregnant.

YAY! I'm gonna be Auntie Cherlyn! She and Henry are thrilled and I'm so excited for them. =]

So we get to the venue a little late due to traffic. We were gonna try for a spot on the balcony, but that was a no-go, so we ended up on the floor toward the back instead. We were right underneath the edge of the balcony. Through the whole show, I felt this need to protect my pregnant friend from moshers. I did a couple of times.

The first band was a local band called Hobgoblin. I'm pretty sure the NorVa always has local bands for openers. I Think it's been local bands every time I've been to a show there.

Next up was Snot.

I'd heard of them, but never really heard any of their stuff. I liked them a lot. I'm gonna have to get a CD or two of theirs.

At some point during Snot's set, someone's shirt fell on my head. It was pretty funny. It was a girl's pink shirt. We looked to the balcony above us to see if anyone looked like they were looking for it. No one did. So we chucked it on the floor.

10 Years was next.

They were really good. I'd heard they put on a great show, and they did not disappoint. They were heavier live than I expected them to be. For me, that's a good thing.

You know how when you go to a concert there's always music playing over the speakers between sets?

Well, after 10 Years' set, while the stage was getting set up for Mudvayne, whoever was in charge of what music gets played between sets decided to put on Metallica's Master of Puppets CD. As in, it played straight through 5 or 6 songs. I was a happy camper. So were a lot of other people. You could hear people singing along with it. "MASTER! MASTER!"

Then came Mudvayne.

Oh. My. Fucking. GOD!

They were amazing.

I loved every second of it. For some reason, Chad (the vocalist <3) came out wearing what looked like an Elmo suit. He was also sporting a red mohawk that looked pretty damn good. He changed clothes mid-set though, so that was good. The Elmo suit was distracting.

SETLIST
Not Falling
Silenced
- 1
Death Blooms
Do What You Do
Fall Into Sleep
Cradle
World So Cold
Nothing to Gein
Prod
Happy
Dig


Absolutely perfect setlist.

I'd say the best performance of the night was Nothing To Gein. It's a very intense song to begin with, but performance was spine-tingling. I was hoping to find a video on youtube of that, but there's not one yet. I'll give it a couple of days.

But I did find one good quality video from last night.

This is - 1

See? Elmo!

2 comments:

Capricorn said...

where in the hell do people get the names for their bands!

Cherlyn said...

Do I need to point out the irony here? lol