BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

I can't believe it's been 7 years

September 11, 2001


I was driving to work that morning listening one of our local morning radio shows. I had about a 30-45 minute commute at that time. The DJs said that an airplane had struck one of the World Trade Center towers. The brought a television into the station so they could watch the coverage and report it to the listeners.

When the first plane hit, I assumed it was just a freak accident. I think most people thought the same.

Then one of the DJs said "Oh my God...another plane just hit the other tower!"

Oh shit...I thought. This is no accident.

When I got to work everybody was freaking out. (I was taking a break from doing hair at this point. I was working in a call center.) One of my co-workers was in a panic because her mother lived in New York and worked at the day care center at the World Trade Center.

We were getting absolutely NO customer calls, so after about an hour they sent half of us home, including myself.

While I was driving home I heard about the plane crashing into the Pentagon.

I distinctly remember thinking to myself "Oh my God, we're gonna go to war."

My (then) husband arrived home from work shortly after me. We spent the entire day glued to the television, watching the Twin Towers crumble, the devastation, the horror.

That day seems so surreal now. Almost like it was a dream.

I wish it had been.

5 comments:

Manders said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. It was a nightmare.

What I try to concentrate on is the way this country came together and patriotism was alive and flourishing. Too bad that feeling died down.

Justa Hillbilly said...

thank you for posting this... ;`-)(

On this day, seven years ago.....(let me say now, hubbys entire family lives within 30 miles of each other...(his sister, and mom and dad live here tho).. everyone else on both sides, live in or roundabut Smithfield)
my husband was at his G-mas funeral, he had just left the night before, I was up cuz the kids was goin to school, I don't know what channel was on, but right after the first hit, every channel was interupted... I actually watched the second plane hit...and my heart sank...
At the same time, hubbys Other G-ma was at the Pentagon, outside the building, on the other side, waiting to go on a tour,... and a plane hit there. Altho shaken she was ok, but yet it made it like a triple jeopardy day..I feel bad for this world...

Sorry for this long ass post, shoulda blogged it myself huh? ..forgive me.. sorry..

tc, *knh*
Cathy

Cherlyn said...

Manda: Yeah it's sad how all the hardcore patriotism died down. I'm guilty of that myself.

Cat: No worries about the long post. =] And thanks for sharing that. I think that day is just going to be burned into everyone's memories. We'll always remember exactly where we were and what we were doing.

Justa Hillbilly said...

*really big hugs*
yes it will be, forvever... thank you Cherlyn. ;`-)

Anonymous said...

I suffer from curly, frizzy, wild hair.. I have tried every product imaginable and this is the best product

out there.. It takes about a minute to heat and run it through each handful of hair once and your hair is perfect.. it will stay smooth and frizz free not to mention straight as a board until u wash your

hair next(even if u wait 3 days).. Please buy this product if u don't believe me.