BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 24, 2008

Diva Hairstylists

I work with this woman. Let's call her D.

She's been doing hair for 20 years, and she's an excellent stylist.

BUT!

She is a fucking diva.

She used to manage her own salon, and acts like she manages ours. She does not.

She comes and goes as she pleases. As in, she'll disappear and not tell anyone where she went. So we don't know if she went to the restroom and will be back in 5 minutes, or if she went to lunch and will be back in 30.

One Sunday she and I were working the salon together. I came in at 10am, and she came in at 11am. We were both supposed to work until 6pm.

At 5:30 she'd finished up a customer and started packing up her stuff to go home. I was still in the middle of a haircut and there was still one waiting.

The conversation went something like this:

Me: You know there's still a customer waiting?
D: You know I'm going home?
Me: Do you know it's not 6 'o clock yet?
D: I didn't take a lunch break.
Me: That doesn't mean you get to leave early, especially when I was here an hour before you and there's still someone waiting.
D: You took a lunch break.
Me: So? I didn't keep you from taking one. You could've taken one at anytime. Now I'll have to stay late when I was here before you.
D: Well I'm still leaving.
Me: Fine! Go.

We were basically yelling at each other across the salon floor. After D left, I apologized profusely to the customers in my chair and the one that was waiting. They both understood and agreed I was in the right. But the lady that was waiting decided to leave.

And yesterday, she got all pissy because customers were coming in and requesting other stylists. It's their prerogative to have anyone they want do their hair. That's just how it is. She should know that. But instead, she decided she was going to go home for the day. Sharon, my boss, who didn't really want to deal with her crap, let her go. She did write her up though, for walking out.

I haven't really liked this girl from day one. She has a snotty attitude and acts like her shit don't stink.

I really hate having stress and drama at work.

1 comments:

~Sheila~ said...

I used to work with a woman at my old job who would gather up all of the patients, even if we needed them, so that she could treat them in a group and go home early. We used to get pissed. Then if we happen to have a patient that she wanted at a certain time, she would get crappy with us.
It was ridiculous.

From what I hear about it now..they had to make a schedule with the patients.

I like my job now. I treat my patients at my own leisure.