BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

On my last blog I was asked:

tell me if you've ever seen another hair stylist's hair that was so awful that you were like "you're not coming near me, nor is the person who did that to you!"

The simple answer to that is yes.

But here's the thing: the majority of the time a stylist's hair is jacked up, they did it themselves. Or the person that did their hair did exactly what they were told, and it got messed up.

I went to cosmetology school with a girl who had a different hair color every week. She'd bleach it out and dye it pink. The next week she'd bleach it out again and dye it blue (She had to bleach it out first to get the really intense colors, you see). Her hair was a fried up mess because of all that bleaching.

My hair got completely fried many years ago because I got a perm on top of highlights that I had. I didn't blame my co-worker that gave me that perm. It was my own damn fault. I knew there was a good chance it would fuck my hair up, but I wanted it anyway. And that's why I now only use demi-permanent color on my permed hair.

There was also a lady that worked at my salon a year ago or so that just did not have good hair. It was fine and curly and she never did anything with it. It was always in a ponytail. A lot of people would look at her hair and not want her to do theirs. But she was a damn good hair stylist. She just couldn't be bothered with her own.

So you see, appearances don't always mean everything.

1 comments:

Mom2FiveBratz said...

My oldest daughter has just started cosmotology, and she has different colored hair quite often. This week it is red with blond framing her face. Its cute..but I even liked it when it was black trimmed in hotpink. She can pull off weird colored hair, some people are lucky that way.