BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Writer's Workshop: When I'm Upset

From Kathy's Blog:




I do a lot of different things when I'm upset. They vary depending on if it's angry-upset or sad-upset. Sometimes anger will morph into sadness. Or vice versa. I've found I tend to deal with anger better.

Sometimes I'll listen to loud, angry metal music to help vent aggression.

Sometimes I'll cry. This goes for both sadness and anger. If I get so angry I cry, watch your ass. Because then I'm only one step away from throwing things at you. I rarely miss.

Sometimes, especially when I'm sad, I'll intentionally do things to make myself more upset, to the point where I'll cry. The reason for that is simple. Crying makes me feel better. It's a release. Sometimes nothing does the trick like a good cry.

Sometimes I write cheesy, emo-angsty poetry that no one will ever read.

Sometimes I vent to whoever will listen.

Sometimes I blog.

10 comments:

Capricorn said...

so what r u pissed about.

Cherlyn said...

I'm not. I'm actually in a good mood today. =]

Melissa said...

I'm the same way about the music.. I like to listen to hard rock, mean music w/ cuss words so I can sing it loud and "get it out"

scargosun said...

You know why I didn't choose this topic...I couldn't figure out what I do. I guess I need to do something about that.

I thought about going to Ikea and getting cheap plates I can break when I am mad.

tiarastantrums said...

nice post! Whatever works right??
I internalize! and then explode!

Weeksie50 said...

Good Post! I am a let it all out kinda girl too.. well after awhile anyway..

La Pixie said...

omg, I love to do that when Im angry/upset. I used to blast Eminem's White America. LOL and if Im sad/upset, then I do the try to make myself cry. it really feels good to do that sometimes. Id like to take a peak at that emo poetry. =)

Brandy said...

Oh I hear ya if I am so mad that I start crying .... watch out cause things are gonna fly!

Lex the mom said...

I can't throw things anymore. I have a hub who will hold it against me...*sigh*

I do find there are several ways to vent, but I'm more the screaming fury type. Not all that productive.

KatBouska said...

I like that you list a bunch of things, because it's true, how we react to things depends on how upset they make us. I haven't thrown anything...I'd hate to see what would drive me to that length!!