BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Writer's Workshop: Before The Internet

From Kathy's Blog:




Before the Internet, or rather, before I started spending a lot of time with it (which was sometime in 2004), my life was pretty different.

I watched way too much daytime television. My mornings consisted of Good Morning America, Live With Regis And Kathie Lee (later Kelly), Maury Povich, and The View.

I read a lot more books.

I read the newspaper and watched the Weather Channel, Discovery and Animal Planet.

I would actually stand in line to buy concert tickets.

I paid for "adult entertainment."

There was no way I would have made friends with people who lived in Ireland, Norway, Romania, or even California or Arizona.

When I discovered the Internet, I was forever changed. I'm still not sure if that's good or bad.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Great "memories" of life before the Internet... Funny thing is, I recently stood in line to buy Black Crowes tickets (we were 2nd in line); only to have all the good seats taken by the online purchasers... Oh well, I guess I learned my lesson. :)

Weeksie50 said...

What great memories..
I too have stood in line for a concert tickets..crazy huh.

Capricorn said...

you stood in line for concert tickets??? oh the insanity!!!
those were good times though.

Brandy said...

Its all good as far as I can see!

Lex the mom said...

Much like my own life before internet - and kids, come to think of it. Well, at least the adult entertainment part. I became a hermit after my last 3.

Interesting you mention the making of friends in far away places. That is so very true & that is probably the coolest thing about the net.

Great playlist, by the way.

KatBouska said...

Yeah I'm with you...after reading these lists I'm wondering if the internet is good for me or bad.

I guess it depends on what you use it for and how much of your time you let it zap. :)