BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 29, 2008

Discovering new music

DISCLAIMER: Turn off (or pause) music player before watching videos!
(haha thanks Sheila!)

If you've been reading my blog for...pretty much any amount of time, then you know that music is a big part of my life. And for someone like me, there's few things more exciting than discovering a band for the very first time and falling in love with them.

Three days ago, I was looking around youtube for videos from this year's Projekt Revolution tour. Basically torturing myself because I wasn't able to go.

So during this search on Tuesday afternoon, I discovered this amazing group of percussionists.

Street Drum Corps.

(that's not the first video of them playing that I found, but it's way better quality)

While looking for more stuff from them,
I found this!

w00t! Go Shannon!

Anyway, the next day I went out and bought their first CD, which is a-freaking-mazing. I would have bought their second one too, but Best Buy didn't have it. I need to look around for it some more.

Whenever I discover new and exciting music, I always like to share. So there ya go. =]

3 comments:

~Sheila~ said...

So let me tell you about my mentality for a moment.

I clicked on the video and it started. At the same time your playlist started up and I was wondering what the heck was going on because I am already familiar with this song (Poor some sugar on me-Def Leopard) and I didnt see anyone playing any instruments in the first place.

Then I snapped out of it and realized what ws going on.

Took me awhile.

I like the band. They sound good.

Cherlyn said...

Hahaha I should add a disclaimer: turn off music player BEFORE watching videos. =P

ShelbyAnne said...

Ahh...I get it.

They do sound super cool, I like it. Maybe I'll have to do some research of my own...