BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Writer's Workshop Wednesday

I wish I could draw.

Or paint.

Or sculpt.

Or anything artistic like that.

I mean, I can barely draw a stick figure. No joke.

I have this one friend named James. He draws, paints, does computer art (he has a degree in computer animation), writes, plays guitar, bass AND drums. Most importantly, he does them all very well. He has more talent in his pinkie finger than most people I know have in their entire bodies.

He is one of my best friends and I love him to pieces. But I am jealous. I am jealous of this wealth of talent he has. Talent I wish I had.

I am most jealous of his artistic ability with drawing and painting. He's been drawing since he could put crayon to paper. Granted, it's taken him years to hone his skills to what they are now. But this ability is something I believe one is born with. Either you have it or you don't.

And I don't have it.

I was half-jokingly voicing my jealousy to him once. He said to me: "but you know, I couldn't do what you do. I probably couldn't do anything with a head of hair if my life depended on it."

That made me feel a bit better. I suppose everyone has their gifts.

6 comments:

~Sheila~ said...

Yeah, I can't draw either. Everyone has their gifts is true.
Like I said before...

Old people flock to me. They love me. I don't know if that is a gift or what but I'll just go with that and take it for what it is.

ShelbyAnne said...

Hmm, nope nope. For some reason, all the talent is sequestered in some small portion of the population. Because there is literally NOTHING that I am outstanding at, other than being bitchy, and that doesn't really count.

Lol.

So be glad you can look at dead skin "growing" off someone's head and turn them into a friggin beauty queen. You're fabulous.

KatBouska said...

I couldn't draw to save my life. Poor Maile asks me to sketch her things to color all the time and then kind of sighs in disappointment "no not like THAT mom..." It's all I got kiddo.

Thanks for playing today!! I'm glad I could give you something to write about...it's been a lot of fun linking to everyone and reading their stuff. I love this!

scargosun said...

Your last line is SO true. You are an artist too and you work in 3 dimensions!

TentCamper said...

I feel ya. I am about as artstic as a puddle of pee.
I get jealous of friend's talents to...it is hard...but I guess we DO all have our own things.

Great blog!

cIII said...

I painted a Mural on the Goat's old Bedroom wall.
But my hair looks like shit.
I'm thinking of shaving it.