BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My So-Called Blog

This is pretty much in response to a comment Jared left on my last entry. I was going to just put it as a comment on his blog, but I decided to put it on here instead. I'm sure all of you that read my blog have gotten sick of my bitching about Kai. I don't blame you. I would be too. So I'll say this: I have no intention of typing a single word about him ever again. Not because I think you're all sick of reading about it. But because he is no longer worth my time and energy. It took me far too long to come to that realization.

Enough of that.


Over the last week or so I've become immersed in early 90s nostalgia. Probably prompted by hearing Alice In Chains on my iPod. I've been listening to lots of grunge music and watching My So-Called Life on DVD (wating for comment from Jared...lol). I have a weird relationship with that show. Even though I was in my 20s when it was on, it reminded me of what it was like to be a teenager. It still does. It really captured what it was like. Now, as an adult, I see it from a bit of a different perspective. But still, when I watch it, I totally lose myself in it. I see it as something that was very special. I think it would still be very relevant if it was on TV today. The funny thing is this: I have about a million questions I could ask about certain aspects of the show. And even though I have access to someone who could answer them, and very likely would if I asked, I don't ask. Maybe I don't want to lose the magic and the feelings I feel when I watch it. And maybe knowing too much would take that away from me.

5 comments:

scargosun said...

You know I love me some Jared but it's your blog and you can say waht you want. We'll still read it. BTW...did you catch the dueling cartoons between CP and TLOZ? Excellent.

Dirty White boy said...

My so called life? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!
Banging head on keyboard.

you can rant all you want about Kai, but I think your better than him and better than all that.
Im betting he isnt ranting about you in a blog.
I'll still kick his ass if you want me to...I can get shannon to help if hes a big guy. lol.

scargosun said...

I can help too. I play football and all.

BTW...Tomo has a blog? I need to see that.

ShelbyAnne said...

Ahhh I remember My So-Called Life...although I'm pretty sure I was in middle school still, so we couldn't wait for the grown-up coolness that was high school. Hot damn were we wrong. That show was a liar. What show isn't though, right?

Glad you came to your senses about that-which-shall-not-be-nammed...you're better, faster, stronger for it. =)

Anonymous said...

kumarsandeep dress vineyards consultancy newsin ukpurpose conclusiona show deleting offender ruth
lolikneri havaqatsu