BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Something's bugging me

I'm totally aware of the reality of my relationship with Josh. It is temporary. He is moving. I was totally aware of this from the start.

But my dilemma is this:

I am a very touchy-feely person. He is not. In fact, the only time he touches me or kisses me is when we are alone in his room and he wants sex. He will also kiss me when he drops me at home at the end of the evening in the privacy of his car. He does not touch me in public at all.

Wait...I take that back. He's held my hand in public once or twice and kissed me in public once.

It's not like I want him to instigate a full-on make-out session at the table at dinner or anything. He has told me he's a bit shy and self-conscious. But he just makes me feel like he doesn't want people to know we're together, or that he's just using me for sex.

I tend to be insecure, so I'm probably reading too much into this. We do go out places together. We date. He doesn't have to TRY to get me into bed anymore. If he was just using me for sex, why keep up the pretense of dating me?

So what I can't figure out is if I should talk to him about it and let him know it bothers me, or should I just suck it up and accept that this is just how he is and it has nothing to do with me.

5 comments:

Julie H said...

My husband is the same way. That's just the way he is. It really sucks sometimes.

Unknown said...

If that's the way a person is, they may not change. However.. they may make an attempt if you let them know it's something you think is really important. I say bring it up and talk about it.

KatBouska said...

Maybe it just is the way he is...maybe it's not. You need to find out and it couldn't hurt to bring it up. It doesn't have to be a HUGE discussion, just something you noticed about him and you wonder why he's like that...and has he been like that with all his girlfriends...and why or why not. There may be a reason and you shouldn't ignore the issues. Talking about things will only bring you closer...or it will give you answers you need to end things. Either way, I don't see any harm in asking the questions.

Mom2FiveBratz said...

some guys/people are not into public affection.
how far away is he moving? Its not like to another country, because if it worked with Kai, then why couldnt it work with Josh? I mean, there is always greyhound buses!

ShelbyAnne said...

Hmm. Honestly I'd probably read too much into this too. I'm the uber talk-it-out chick, so I'm all about asking and talking and chatting...but it doesn't always thrill everyone else.

Either way, I'm sure you'll do the right thing. =)