BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

By popular demand....

...and by "popular" I mean one person asked for it. Here's the poem I wrote yesterday about Kai. It's not great, honestly. I've written better. It also has no title as of yet. I was considering calling it "Lidelsen," which is Norwegian for "the pain." The significance being that Kai is Norwegian.

I should be happy
That it was a lie.
But the lie was made to hurt.
And it did,
More than what I thought
Was the truth.
I asked you why.
"I don't know."
To make me jealous?
"Maybe yes."
You say you still care
But you do this to me.
Once upon a time
We were happy
So in love...
When it was taken away
You didn't fight for us;
Gave up so fast.
I trusted you
With my heart...
Thought you were different.
But you didn't love me enough;
That much is obvious.
I want to forgive,
But I can never forget
All the pain...
The heartbreak...
The broken promises.
Don't want to hate you.
Don't want to love you.
Need to let it all go.

3 comments:

Dirty White boy said...

you really dont need him, i hope you see that.

scargosun said...

Hi! Found you through Chaotic Pantheon. Just thought I'd pop in and say hi.

ShelbyAnne said...

Oh dear I feel you on that one. Proud of you for what seems like keeping your head up. I heart the poem. =)