BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Time for stuff that makes me happy...

...just like I promised.

I'm a die-hard music lover. Music is everything to me. It gets me through all the bullshit that life throws at me. So I decided I would share my 5 favorite bands, post my favorite live performances of each, and talk about why I love them.

First and foremost is Metallica. I've loved this band for over 20 years. They are the reason I listen to heavy music. Nobody will ever be as amazing as Metallica were in their heyday. No. Fucking. Body.
I give you the awesome metalness that is Master Of Puppets.



Next is Korn. I've been into them since '97-ish. I'm mostly fond of their older music (Issues and prior), but I enjoy their newer efforts as well. They hold a very special place in my heart. I'll go months without listening to them at all, but I always come back.
This is my favorite song, Dirty.



I have no idea how long I've been a fan of Rob Zombie. I know it's been since his old band, White Zombie. I think he's fucking brilliant as a musician, songrwriter and film-maker.
This is Dragula from January 6th of this year. It's a fan-made video, so the quality isn't perfect. But I was at this show and it was fucking awesome.



I've loved Linkin Park since they first came out. I've seen them live twice. They are coming again this summer, but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to go. =[
This is my favorite song, Papercut, from their Live In Texas dvd.



I've only been a 30 Seconds To Mars fan for a year-and-a-half-ish. I love them for many reasons. The lyrics are relatable, which is what got me into them in the first place. I love Jared's voice, his energy, his slight insanity (haha)....and he's not too bad to look at either. lol
The motherfuckin' Fantasy. I'll admit it...this song makes me kind of happy in my pants.



Other bands I easily could have included are Mudvayne, Marilyn Manson, Static-X, Hellyeah, Pantera....I could go on...and on.

1 comments:

Dirty White boy said...

You put 30stm..last.
sniff. pout. wipe tear. Thats just wrong.