BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Disclaimer: I am NOT anti-Christian

I seem to have gotten involved in a religious discussion on a message board I post on. Someone started a thread about these Christian pamphlets that he'd been given. One of them said:

"Do you ever look at another person and have lustful thoughts? If you do, you are commiting adultery.Do you really think that the Lord God will allow such wretched adulterous and sinful people as yourself into Heaven? "

A bit ridiculous, huh? After the discussion sparked off, I made a post about how I frequently get harassed by Christians telling me I'm going to Hell because I am Wiccan and wear a pentacle around my neck. One of the more obnoxious posters commented that "Wicca is so 90s." What-the-fuck-ever, dude. Then I was asked by someone else exactly what some of the practices and beliefs are, so I copy/pasted part of an article from wicca.com because I'm not good at explaining. She keeps asking more questions and I kinda just wanna say "look, google is your friend, seriously." And a couple other posters pretty much started picking apart what I posted and basically calling it silly. That's the kind of thing I find annoying as hell. If someone else believes differently from me, I'm certainly not going to put it down. That's not my place. I say, whatever faith gives you peace, that's the one you should follow.

An' harm ye none, do what ye will.

On a happier note, I went to Bath & Body Works after work today, and bought myself some Irresistable Apple shower gel, lotion and body spray. Yum!

3 comments:

ShelbyAnne said...

Sometimes Mormons come to the door preaching their word...whatever it is.

And I want to punch them in the face and let the laid.

Not because they believe differently, but because I believe that each has his own and the rest have no right to say otherwise. I completely agree with you.

Dirty White boy said...

dont get me started on religeon. I was raised hardcore catholic by my grandmother, raised free spirited by mom, and well..i now kinda think that the bible was a made up book of fables because what else did they have back then, and "God" is really an alien, I mean all those hiroglyphics cant be wrong.

Dirty White boy said...

The middle name thing, whats up with THAT! i never use my kids middle names. I just use the F word. Alot.