BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 23, 2008

Re. Spect. Walk.

I have Pantera stuck in my head.

Anyway...

I sat at work tonight for something like 2 1/2 hours doing jack shit. I'm thinking it's gonna be slow all night. Nope. I saw 3 of my regular customers tonight that I hadn't seen in ages.

The first one is in the Navy (I live in a Navy town). He had been at sea for a few months. I think I last saw him in January.

The next one is a dude I wasn't sure I'd ever see again even though I've been cutting his hair for like, 3-4 years. We ran into each other last December at an "adult store." I mean, we almost literally ran into each other. He was coming out the door as I was going in. It was a bit awkward, to say the least. I hadn't seen him since until tonight. It wasn't mentioned. Turns out his work schedule and mine hadn't meshed with each others for the last few months, so he'd been coming in for his haircuts when I wasn't there. That was the story he gave me anyway.(lol) He tipped me $9 for his haircut. Awesome.

The third one was a woman I give highlights to every 6 months or so. I spent about 2 1/2 hours highlighting, cutting and blow drying her hair. It came out great. She tipped me $25. I rule.

I was going to write a long rant about people not checking their email after they specifically ask you to email them. *cough-Shannon-cough* But I decided against it. Shit happens. People get busy. It's all good. lol

1 comments:

ShelbyAnne said...

Okay, because I do that speed-reading with my fingers (not really) every time anyone types "Shannon" I automatically assume it says "Shelby" and think "what the heck?" then I realize my mistake and feel stupid, haha.

This is a stylist question (since you brought it up): So I pay anywhere between $115 and $130 for a full weave and cut. How much should I tip this chick? I don't want to be rude, I LOVE her. So instead of ASKING her what she wants me to tip her, I'm going to ask you instead so I won't look like a cheap jerk, haha.

I told Jared, I'm going to tell you too...I WILL make up for the fact that I have been and will be MIA and will read and comment on everything I've missed. I promise!

And thank you, my dear, for your support/advice/general kickassness. It helps. A lot.